Is your labor program reaching its full potential?
Are the results from your labor management program less than expected? Do changes in your business require updated SOPs and labor standards? Is program acceptance lacking across your operations? Do your supervisors need help mentoring and motivating associates?
TZA has worked extensively with Manhattan, Red Prairie/JDA, Retalix and other labor management software. We can optimize your system’s capabilities and train your team in using them more effectively―resulting in double-digit productivity improvements and substantial cost savings.
We’ll help you assess:
- Alignment and adoption across your organization
- Accountability, communications, training and incentives
- Productivity, utilization, safety and quality metrics and trends
- Capability and performance gaps in your software and other systems
Leverage our expertise to drive improved labor performance across your supply chain—and ensure your program is aligned with current business processes and goals.
Proven methodology for boosting employee performance and engagement
TZA can assist you in reviving your labor management program and reaching a higher level of performance and cost savings through:
- Lean Best Practices: Utilize Lean methodology to eliminate waste and focus on value
- Engineering Labor Standards: Establish fair and accurate performance standards
- Standards Validation: Verify accuracy of standards and get buy in from associates and managers
- Training & Development: Prepare managers and associates for high performance culture
- Performance Management: Ensure new processes deliver higher performance levels, improved morale, lower turnover and more engaged associates
- Maintenance & Updates: Let TZA show you how to maintain peak performance and identify additional productivity gains and cost savings
Proven results in productivity gains and cost reductions
Our clients have achieved measurable benefits and a competitive advantage by utilizing their system more effectively, gaining better visibility to performance and increasing employee engagement. Working with TZA, they have been able to achieve a higher return on their software investment. Here are a few examples:
NATIONAL GROCERY CHAIN
Challenge: Grocery industry leader with more than 3,400 stores engaged TZA to help improve DC labor performance, implement a revised incentive program, and develop enhanced management tools and training.
Result: 11% boost in performance, 5% increase in utilization, improved safety and quality levels
SNACK FOOD MANUFACTURER
Challenge: TZA helped this $14 billion convenient food company develop Lean best practices and implement dynamic labor standards to boost productivity and utilization, while improving safety, quality and cleanliness metrics, in a multi-year rollout across their DC network.
Result: $13.5 million savings in labor cost, 14% improvement in utilization, and increased safety and quality levels
Challenge: Leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer engaged TZA to standardize operational procedures and review and adjust existing labor standards to ensure all 9 of their DCs were utilizing best practices.
Result: Best practice analysis identified an initial savings of $9 million in labor, capacity and material costs
How Can We Improve Your Labor Management Program?
Find out how TZA has increased performance and cost savings for users of Manhattan, JDA/Red Prairie, Retalix and other labor management systems.