The labor shortage and competition has made it more important than ever to take steps to improve operational performance. Implementing a modern-day Labor Management Program (LMP), including Labor Management Software, lean best practices, engineered labor standards, as well as recognition and incentive plans typically results in overall labor savings of 8 to 15 percent.
An LMP provides numerous benefits for distribution center operators beyond cost savings, including increased throughput, reduced overtime and turnover and improved employee satisfaction. TZA’s ProTrack Labor Management System (LMS) is a comprehensive solution that can help optimize operations and streamline labor management processes.
We can help you determine your specific LMP savings and how it can take your operation to the next level of performance via a complimentary on-site audit of your current labor management program.
FACTORS THAT HELP DETERMINE YOUR ESTIMATED SAVINGS
Starting with a brief assessment call, we will discuss the facility’s labor challenges and gather insights in the following areas to prepare for the on-site audit:
- Operational data such as full-time headcount, average hourly wage, employee-to-supervisor ratio, total annual labor spend, etc.
- Management tools currently deployed, including labor management and labor planning systems, real-time performance and progress visibility, business intelligence analytics and learning curve platform, to name a few.
- Management approach, including onboarding programs, real-time performance communication and performance coaching.
For a full list of data points, please visit our Complimentary Audit program page.
WHAT THE AUDIT WILL COVER
Once we understand your current labor environment, we will schedule an on-site audit of your operation, which will entail the following:
Day 1 – Operational Audit (4 to 6 hours depending on complexity)
- Leadership interview to discuss current performance challenges and/or opportunities
- On-floor audit (all major activities from Receiving through Shipping)
- Process/best practice review
- Performance metrics review
- Current performance to goal review
- Casual performance observations
- Management approach/tools review
This on-site floor audit requires support from one or multiple management personnel who can explain each functional operation.
Day 2 – Executive Presentation (2 hours)
- Operational best practice findings
- LMP overview
- LMS demo
- Business case review including investment and ROI
- Execution timeline
- Q & A
For a more detailed breakdown of the audit process, visit the audit program landing page.
ACTIONABLE BEST PRACTICE IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The operational best practice findings that TZA shares in the post-audit executive presentation will include actionable advice for increasing performance and utilization of the workforce as well as address potential issues with overtime and turnover. The Executive presentation will include a review of Best Practice labor management opportunities in the area of process, management and communication.
READY TO SCHEDULE YOUR COMPLIMENTARY AUDIT?
TZA has been implementing labor management programs for over 35 years. Let us help take your labor management program to the next level of performance. Schedule your complimentary labor audit today.
And if you are attending ProMat, come meet with us.
Related TZA Resources